Saturday, November 15, 2014

Behavior

I have been out most of the week on jury duty.  It was an interesting process but I hated to be away from the students. This break gave me some time to think about how things were going in my classroom this year, especially with subs in the room.  I decided last year that the whole class behavior system was not for me.  I went to the same type of system as the clips but students have the  chart on their bucket.  This way they have time to look at where they are each day but everyone else doesn't have to do the same.  It looks like this.




The students use a clothes pin to more up or down levels.
I think that this system is effective and fair to students.  The students have time to look at the behavior level they are at.  I find that my students don't like looking at red so they change their behavior.  I also like that other students don't have to know where others are at. 




1 comments: